This section introduces the key concepts behind drand. For information about consuming the randomness from a drand network, see the Developer's Guide, or for help running a drand network, see the Operator's Guide.
- Overview describes drand's main goals and gives an overview of the problems it aims to address.
- Cryptography provides an overview of the cryptographic building blocks that drand uses to generate publicly-verifiable, unbiased, and unpredictable randomness in a distributed manner.
- Security Model describes the security considerations taken into account when designing and building drand.
- Specification is a formal description of the drand protocols.
- Timelock Encryption gives all the information on our Timelock Encryption scheme, and links on where to find the tools to use it.